25 Apr Should You Hire An Investment Banker To Sell Your Company?
The decision to hire an investment banker will have a material impact on the outcome of a high-value M&A transaction. However, it may not be the best decision for all sellers.
Valuation tier and experience level should factor into your decision. For instance, businesses that are valued at less than $5 million can likely achieve a positive outcome by engaging with a broker or by selling independently.
And the odds of successfully navigating a sale increase substantially for sellers who have some familiarity with the M&A process. This familiarity may stem from their professional backgrounds or from previously completed transactions.
https://zacharyelementary.org/presentation/philosophy-paper-thesis-sample/30/ follow https://energy-analytics-institute.org/freefeatures/black-desert-easter-eggs-essay/56/ https://academicminute.org/paraphrasing/apa-referencing-examples-essay/3/ sildenafil tab paper about marine biology faq viagra science coursework structure source url persuasive essay gay marriage pro https://lincolnnova.com/dailyuse/viagra-masticable-mendoza/83/ source site can you get in a hot tub after taking viagra follow andreas blocher essay checker kamagra te koop belgie computerized student information system thesis nympho max pill in india source essay on my favourite city mumbai follow url watch https://dsaj.org/buyingmg/is-there-any-side-effects-for-viagra/200/ https://tffa.org/businessplan/research-paper-outline-questions/70/ eating habits in my family essay click born free south africa essay outline biomedical engineering thesis https://hhkidsdentist.com/advising/cialis-excesso/81/ creative writing tp Why You Should Hire An Investment Banker
More valuable transactions require a more sophisticated approach. Unfortunately, most sellers (and business brokers) do not have the requisite skillset to secure the optimal outcome.
Investment Bankers spend the majority of their careers running deals, honing their acumen and cultivating a deep network of buyers. They are simply better equipped to manage high-value M&A transactions than other types of intermediaries.
What An Investment Banker Brings To The Table
By virtue of their expertise, Investment Bankers can help you optimize the M&A process to ensure you meet your long-term goals. They offer:
- Thorough and insightful analysis of your company from top to bottom.
- Detailed forecasting of pertinent financial metrics for the most accurate valuation.
- High caliber offering memorandums to market your deal.
- Expansive networks of the most qualified buyers.
- An internal team of M&A professionals to manage every aspect of the transaction.
Hiring an Investment Banker empowers you to pursue a strategic exit while maintaining complete focus on your company’s operations. As a result, you will be able to execute initiatives designed to drive growth and improve the value of your brand.
The Optimal Outcome
An M&A transaction helmed by an experienced Investment Banker will yield the best possible outcome for you and your business. Your representative will guide you through each step of the process, all the while ensuring your best interests are at the forefront.
You can be sure that you’re leaving the deal table with the best possible terms and the highest dollar value. Engaging an Investment Banking intermediary to pursue a sale on your behalf is the first step in securing your financial future.
What You Should Look For In An Investment Banker
In the age of the internet, any intermediary can masquerade as an Investment Banking professional. Proven institutional experience is the key distinction between less qualified representatives and legitimate Investment Bankers.
Look for intermediaries with credentials from banks, private equity firms, or venture capital groups. These individuals possess deep knowledge and connections in the finance world, so are perfectly positioned to assist you.
When hiring an Investment Banker, it’s important to find the intermediary that is the best fit for you. Here are several factors you should consider:
- Fee Structures – Remember, you get what you pay for. We recently wrote about predatory “pay nothing” services that actually work for the buy side. Be wary of intermediaries that seem too good to be true.
- Valuation Tier – Obtain an accurate business valuation and find an Investment Banker with experience selling companies in your tier. The approach for selling a $1-5 million company will be different than the approach for selling a $50-100 million company.
- Compatibility – You should always feel confident that your intermediary understands your objectives and is committed to helping you achieve the lifestyle you want to lead post acquisition. Moreover, they should help you locate a buyer who will continue the legacy you started when founding your business.
The best Investment Banking intermediary will excel at all of the above. You deserve a representative who will fight for you and secure the best possible outcome from the sale of your business.
About Global Wired Advisors
Global Wired Advisors combines decades of transactional and operational expertise to provide institutional-caliber service to our Clients while helping them earn the maximum value for their digitally native or Amazon FBA businesses. If you’re considering a sale, or if you’d like to learn more about our process, click here to connect with one of our Advisors today!